This quick shrimp salad makes a perfect healthy or a great side salad.Ingredients:
- 1 lb cooked medium sized shrimp (buy still frozen if possible for freshness), remove tails
- 1 medium-sized tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1 large firm avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBS chopped pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 head small romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed
- Make sure shrimp is completely unfrozen if you buy it already cooked.
- Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Mix all ingredients, except lettuce, in a bowl.
- For optimum flavor, marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes or more.
- It is still very good served right away if you don’t have the time.
- Serve on bed of chopped romaine lettuce.