Chicken Kalamata Olive with Cherry Tomatoes
Olives, tomatoes, and fresh herbs make this dish a winner.
Time: 30 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lg onion, coarsely chopped
3 lg cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary or 3/4 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ pieces
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
40 lg pitted kalamata olives, sliced (about 1 1/3 Cup)
8 oz lg cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 med tomatoes, cut into 1/2″ pieces (about 1 1/2 Cup)
2oz of Feta cheese optional
- Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until tender and just starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with pepper, and stir. Cook, turning often, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add olives. Cook and stir 1 minute until heated and fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, until tomatoes are heated and juicy.
- Optional feta sprinkle
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa, if desired.